Well, the new STOPzilla AVM 2013 just stopped its installation half way: it popped up and told me that, “STOPzilla AVM 2013 has failed to download the required updates. You can CONTINUE with the installation or RETRY to download the updates. Incorrect date and time settings can sometimes cause this update failure. Please check your date and time settings to ensure they are correct.” while I tried to install it on my workstation. After this, I fellow that information but I still could NOT install the software updates, then I decided to remove it completely.
- I first logged on to my Windows as admin, then I disabled the active Internet connection.
- I found the following STOPzillas tray, SZ, running in Taskbar, disabled its option “Realtime Protection”. And then I close the following UI.
- Then I chose the option “At computer restart” from STOPzilla AVM 2013 info box below and then, I clicked Yes on it.
- Then I found that I have two options to uninstall this STOPzilla product:
- I first clicked start, entered All Programs on the menu; then I entered the following STOPzilla folder and then, I launched the “Uninstall STOPzilla” in it.
- Then I saw the following Windows Installer displayed, “Are you sure you want to uninstall this product?”; I clicked on the Yes button.
- Then I selected the listed option “Yes, remove all data files.”; and clicked Continue on the Remove All Items wizard.
- Then the following STOPzilla told me that I needed to wait.
- For most Windows users, you may directly close the following “STOPzilla Uninstall Survey” page, then you manually reboot your computer. To complete that survey, you can select the listed options, click Next button on it.
- I entered the Control Panel on start menu.
- Now I opened up Add or Remove Programs.
- Then I located the following STOPzilla project in Currently installed programs and then, I clicked the Remove button behind it.
- I clicked Yes on the following Add or Remove Programs to repeat the standard install progress of it.