If you are using SATA hard drive, beside other applying those tips I shared in my previous post, there is another way of increasing your disk performance, which is to enable write caching. One thing you need to make sure is that you need to have a UPS, if your computer’s power got cut while you are doing the write caching enabling, otherwise you may face the dangerous of loosing computer data. Well, let’s see how it work.
1. Click on Start, right-click on Computer and go to Properties
2. Click on the Device Manager on the left-hand side
3. Open the Disk drives section, right-click on your hard drive and select Properties
4. Go to the Policies tab
5. Check Enable write caching on the disk.
6. Click OK and you’re done.
After you finish the above steps, go reboot your computer, and you should find your computer run much faster then it use to be. Perhaps you still are not satisfy with the improvement degree of your computer speed, well, how about installing SSD drive? This could definitely bring you dramatic performance improvement and better online shopping experience, well, next time I’ll tell you all the detailed